The deadline for all entries is Aug. 12, 2019
Logging into the Contest Site
- Go to www.betterbnc.com.
- Click “Open Call Login” at the top of the page.*
- If you already have an Open Call Contestant account, enter your email address and password,
- If you do not already have an Open Call Contestant account, click “Create your Open Call account”
Fill out the form
- Once you fill out the form to create your Open Call Contestant account, the system will send you a validation email with a link that must be clicked before you can log into your account.
Open Call Contestant
- Once you’ve clicked the validation email, or if you’ve already registered, hover over the “Open Call Contestant” text in the bar at the top of the page
- Select “My Contests” in the menu that appears
- In the “Available Contests” section, check the box next to the contest you would like to enter: Florida Press Club Excellence in Journalism Competition.
- Hover over the “Open Call Contestant” text again
- Select “Manage Entries”
- Click “Submit Entry” from the Manage Entries page
- Select a Division (group of Categories)
- Select a Category
- Write in where the entry was published.
- Enter the entry headline or title
- Add entry content (may vary by category)
To upload digital file attachments (other than audio/video)
- Click “Browse”
- Navigate to the desired file, and then click “Open”
Allowed file types are PDF, DOC/DOCX, TXT, JPG, GIF, and PNG.
- To upload additional attachments to a single entry, click the “Browse and Attach More Files” button. BetterBNC will allow up to about a 20MB file, however, we suggest keeping your files around 5MB in case the judges have a slow connection.
- For files larger than 20MB, you can click the “RealView” icon on the Submit Entry page to create a free account, upload your files, and then copy and paste the URL into the URL field on the Submit Entry page.
- You may also use a similar 3rd-party website that provides hosting services (scribd.com, issuu.com, etc.).
To add web/audio/video content copy and paste the content’s URL address into the provided Website URL field.
To host your content online, either upload it to a free streaming content website (e.g.YouTube) or talk to your IT person about adding it to your stations/publications website. Make sure the content will be accessible online throughout the duration of the contest and awards process.
Free streaming content websites
Here are some examples of free streaming content websites where you can upload audio and video content:
IMPORTANT: Please be sure that items are not behind a paywall or a password-protected area. If they are, you must provide username/password info in the Comments section of your entry.
Judges may disqualify your entry if work samples are inaccessible.
- Add Comments
- Enter Credits
- Click “Submit Entry”
*Admin needs to approve your registration before you can check out.